Monday, May 01, 2006

the immigrant strike benefits at least one native (me)

This morning I got the following email from my professor:
Dear Class:

I am writing today to you to cancel class today. As an immigrant to the US with my family, I observe the nation-wide strike of immigrants today, for which reason I need to cancel today's class.

Of course, we continue on Wednesday.

Best,
signed
Read more about the strike here:
Thousands of illegal immigrants and their allies across the country plan a show of force Monday to illustrate how much immigrants matter in the U.S. economy.

Some will skip work, others will protest at lunch breaks, school walkouts or at rallies after work. There are planned church services, candlelight vigils, picnics and human chains.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goldie said...

One of the students in the class, also a research assistant for the professor, responsed to the above email:

Dear ,


As a foreigner, I will be on strike as well. As a French, I demand my strike day to be paid anyway. If it were not the case, I would go back on strike until it is.


Best,



PS: to avoid any confusion, I precise that I am kidding and that I am at work.

5/01/2006 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home