Monday, August 21, 2006

A million little pieces—plus some

Perhaps it’s because I went into reading it with the knowledge that portions of it were apocryphal that I was able to read A Million Little Pieces without getting angry at the author for misleading me. Some of it must be true, and it seems almost irrelevant that some details are not, and besides, I commend the author on being so bold as to splatter intimate details of his life for the world at large to read and dissect…Even though I am well aware that I can’t completely trust James Frey, oddly, his writing still comes off as remarkably honest. The book is gripping, informative, powerful, and in a way, honest. Would highly recommend to a select audience.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Would highly recommend to a select audience."

is 'highly recommending it to a select audience' the same thing as not-so-highly recommending it for a not-so-select audience? mathematically, its balanced.

8/21/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

It's not the same thing, but I suppose you could extend it to suggest that...

8/22/2006 5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home