Wednesday, May 24, 2006

one of the things I dislike about SC

In the East, a car is something that is used to get you places, in Southern California, it is so much more (and most annoyingly so!). From Get Your Motor Running:
John Lasseter grew up in Southern California, where driving is people's passion and second career, and a car their church and fortress. So if you ask Lasseter about car love, you get an impromptu prose poem. "Car love," he says, "is the sound of a throaty V-8 rumbling and revving, the acceleration throwing you back in the seat--especially when you get on a beautiful, winding road and the light's dappling through the trees. For me, it's a combination of enjoying the beauty of cars, classic or cool modern ones, and also the actual driving: getting out on the open road, whether it's a family road trip or driving by myself on a nice windy road and enjoying the ride."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mariposa said...

Hey Girl! I was so touched by your thoughtful note. Thank you.

I'm dying to go back to CA this year. I miss those Stanford trips. I've got a United voucher I've got to use by August, you going to be over there anytime? (You know you love SoCal -- I'd like to take this drive you described, what's wrong with it?)

5/31/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home