Thursday, October 26, 2006

PPO vs HMO

I need to decide between United Healthcare (PPO) and Oxford (HMO) by tomorrow. If you have any experience with both or either, please advise!

What I've learned from the web (here) about HMO's:
You're stressed, your staff is stressed and curt, everyone's attitude deteriorates. You know you're a darned good doctor, but the fun of medicine and the joy of really knowing your patients and being involved in their lives has become a distant memory.

Welcome to "Managed Care".

2 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

I don't know your personal health situation, but you almost always want a PPO over an HMO. We just took UHC's PPO over an HMO option (from work). Many people said to do so - nobody said the reverse - and my father, who used to sell insurance, was adamant about it that that was the best move.

10/26/2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

Thanks! I was leaning in that direction, the main thing keeping me from making a decision is that Oxford offers $200 exercise facility reimbursement every six months (kind of a nice perk)….

10/27/2006 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home