Tuesday, January 23, 2007

a far too cynical approach to heroes

In thinking about how to respond to this tag, I realized that while I can list a number of people I admire, and there are plenty of heroic acts I appreciate, I am wary of explicitly labeling anyone as my hero (to me “hero” suggests perfection and is a bit too strong a description for the inherently flawed human). So instead, I leave you with Ralph Waldo Emerson words to consider:
“The youth, intoxicated with his admiration of a hero, fails to see, that it is only a projection of his own soul, which he admires”

4 Comments:

Blogger shoshana said...

glad to know we agree:)

1/23/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

Discovered my response was unoriginal: anonym00kie said it better.

1/24/2007 6:02 AM  
Blogger anonym00kie said...

great quote :)

1/25/2007 4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with all the commas?

2/12/2007 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home