Sunday, July 16, 2006

Citi card attempts to woo me

From a personalized letter from Citi:
Since becoming a cardmember on 2/15/2005, you have established yourself as one of Citi’s most valuable customers.

What can we offer you now? A lower rate on purchases? The opportunity to earn cash back as a statement credit on your everday spending?

P.S. We want to hear from you.
Even though they weren’t being completely honest with me (I’m one of Citi’s most valuable customers? Come on…), I’m a sucker for shameless flattery, so I gave them a call (yes, I know, it’s against The Rules, but I couldn’t help myself…). And I’m now getting 5% cash back on all my Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® card purchases for the next 3 months. Woo-hoo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Goldie said...

True. True. But the trick is to keep the bad bf in line by knowing your limits, paying your bills on time, and taking advantage of free offers (like my free Jets Ipod), and then you can expect nothing less than a satisfying and beneficial partnership :).

7/18/2006 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home